This guide does not go through a detailed Job Site creation, click here to for more information on how to create a Job Site.
A video tutorial for the same process outlined below.
WorksManager is a cloud-based data transfer tool, but this workflow can also be used “offline” to create the files on your PC and manually load to a device. TBC also allows the user to export/synchronize data to WorksManager 'offline' which creates VCL files compatible with the newer Trimble Earthworks and Trimble Siteworks.
The WorkManager workflow creates the following files:
- .vcl for Siteworks
- .dxf, .ttm & .pro for SCS900
- .vcl for Earthworks
- .svl & .svd for GCS900
- To create a WorksManager Project navigate to Construction Data→ Works Manager→ WorksManager Project. The Assign WorksManager Project window should display. Note: It is also possible to use an existing Job Site created with the legacy workflow for this process.
- In the drop down select the Offline Account.
- The WorksManager Project the buttons will be red as they have not been synchronised to the WorksManager cloud system, but this will not stop from exporting offline.
- With the Jobsite created – in the Project Explorer menu select the jobsite and go to Properties (F11) and ensure the setting “Cleanup VCL file” is set to Yes.
- To create a new design, navigate to Construction Data → WorksManager → Create WorksManager Design. Ensure the account is correct and change it if required. Then give the design a name and click OK.
- In the WorksManager Design Manager, choose the Design Model type required, Set Out Points and the linework to include in the Design Map, just as was done in the legacy workflow. Click Publish to complete.
Design Model Type options:
None: Default option.
Surface: select a single surface as the design.
Alignment: this option allows either a 2D or 3D alignment to be used as the design.
Road Surface: this option allows the selection of a surface and one or multiple alignments that are associated with the surface.
3D Linework: select 3D linework only.
Material Layer: this option in used for take-offs where a specific material from the MSI manager can be exported out as a single surface.
- User-defined: This option is only available when creating a design using works manager. It allows the user to pick multiple surfaces, alignments and layers of linework all in one single design. This is useful when exporting Earthworks and Siteworks data as a single VCL file and means you do not need to use the Design Map or Setting out points. This also works for exporting to GCS900 and SCS900 as a design file will be automatically created for each surface selected e.g. a design file with a TTM (SCS900) or SVD (GCS900) file is created for each surface selected.
Note: The selected linework will not be exported to SCS900 or GCS900, only the selected surfaces. If you want to export the line work to SCS900 or GCS900 it must be selected in the design map instead.
- Proceed in publishing design to the a local disc. Click Yes for the pop-up question.
- To export data to a folder/USB, navigate to Construction Data → WorksManager → WorksManager Field Data to USB Drive.
- In the below window, select the design file to output and the version of the file if it has been published more than once. Select which machine/survey formats you require files for, and under USB flash drive location browse to the preferred file destination and click Publish to complete.
All the file types selected are now exported to the folder destination in their appropriate folder structure for each machine/survey controller type.